News Headlines

Monday, July 9, 2007

Week Ahead-Get Out the Sunscreen

It’s going to be toasty this week. Temperatures in the 80’s and 90’s are predicted. For all of you that don’t live in Washington, that’s hot for us. Also, since the temperatures are usually much milder, few homes have central air conditioning. So when it gets anywhere close to warm, the houses get really hot. This will be no exception. I’m getting sweaty just thinking about it. Good thing I did my lawn work this past weekend. It was probably in the mid-70’s when I was wacking the heck out of my lawn. With much of the country suffering from high temps and wildfires, where are all the cynics of global warming now? Hopefully they’re getting sunburned. Maybe experiencing some discomfort due to the weather will get people thinking of how much worse things can get if we don’t get our act together.

No comments: