News Headlines

Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Review in Sports

This weekend was a great one for sports. There were some upsets in the NBA Playoffs that I just didn't think would happen in game 1. Both the Mavs and Spurs lost their opener. The Heat loss doesn't surprise me since I think that they're really old and basically are a one man show (and Shaq isn't that guy). I think the Bulls are a better team than many people think. That Heat/Bulls series will be really good. Baseball put on a show as well with the Red Sox and Yankees battling it out. That series didn't disappoint either. Homers, come from behind wins, it had it all. Overall, a great weekend to be a sports fan.

4 comments:

angela said...

What? The Sonics are gone? Where? What? Who? Why?

Peter said...

The Sonics have a good chance of ending up in Oklahoma or maybe even Vegas.

angela said...

OK I can see..lame though for them. Vegas I doubt. Problem in Vegas it's the gambling. That's the main reason a team hasn't been here yet. Yes, I know crazy huh? The fans may bet against their own teams. Go figure that one out?

Peter said...

Well, the Sonics want a new arena and the city isn't too keen after buying Qwest and Safeco Fields. Who knows...