News Headlines

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Eating Better

I've never been bad about working out. I actually like the physical activity and I always feel like my head has been cleared of stress and all of the other junk that accumulates on a person's being throughout the day. Of course, growing up it didn't hurt to have a dad and a step-dad who were both career army soldiers (somehow I think I had a little extra motivation sent my way because of that). But the diet part, that's been tough. I love greasy food and plenty of starchy carbs. Basically a lot of the crap you're not supposed to eat everyday. So lately I've been trying to eat better, and that even includes trying to eat organic or less refined foods when possible. And even though grocery shopping just got a lot more complicated, I've got to admit, I do think I feel the difference. I've always been one to be a little skeptical of people who make all of these health claims for going organic, but I must say that "they" were on to something. Like I said, you have to read the labels on EVERYTHING now and it is kind of a hassle. But honestly, I do think I feel the difference. I feel much better late in the day when I'm at work when typically I would be dropping like a brick at that time. It's hard to describe it, but if you've never tried to really clean up your diet, you won't really know the feeling I'm trying to describe. I'm not sure if there's a good adjective to communicate feeling better after clearing some of the garbage food from your body. And if you've never done it, you should really consider it. You'll feel so much better once you get rid of all of the processed foods, artificial sweeteners, and bleached flours, breads, etc. Healthy foods can really make a big difference in how you feel and even act throughout the day. Think about making a really good change for yourself and your family.

No comments: