News Headlines

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tech-Google Docs and Spreadsheets

If I find something that I really like, I tend to become an evangelist for the gadget, book, idea, etc. Well, I love Google's personalized homepage and some of their office tools. Google Docs and Spreadsheets is awesome since the docs are stored at Google. Because of that, you can access your docs as long as you can access Google. So if you're like me and you don't carry any data storage on your person, this alternative is great. You can write word or excel-type docs, save them on Google and then pull the docs up wherever you have internet access. It comes in handy when you want to show an acquaintance something and you didn't plan on bringing the doc with you. Life is a little more spontaneous than even us planners admit sometimes. But, having access to your stuff online takes some of the pain out of surprises and having to run back to your office or home office to access your docs. So, if you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend taking a look at some of Google's products.

No comments: