News Headlines

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tacoma Possibilities

There’s been plenty of news regarding older buildings getting some TLC and future use. If there’s one thing I dig about Tacoma it’s that there are so many great older buildings. Tacoma certainly doesn’t need to become a strip mall haven with so much existing interesting architecture. With such an eclectic mix of old and new, Tacoma is well positioned to become more of a sightseeing destination. Now if we could only get a pub crawl worthy of some real attention. If there is to be a Brewery District, possible brewery/restaurant in the Elks Lodge, and a bar/restaurant in The Mecca Theater, fans of beer would have something to truly admire. Maybe then St. Patty’s Day will be a much larger celebration here in Grit City. And who knows? The beer drinking aficionados can only imagine the possibilities. Cinco de Mayo anyone?

3 comments:

NineInchNachos said...

Right on my friend. The elks lodge... man, she's going to need buckets of love.

Peter said...

I totally agree. But if it is pulled off, man, talk about an awesome finished product. I still don't think I've ever seen a building quite like it.

angela said...

I don't know why you don't go into some sort of business yourself. You seem to be quite savvy about business. I wouldn't mind seeing 'Pete's Place' on a marquee somewhere DT Tacoma. Hell, I'd even go and buy a beer. But then again, I'd expect it to be comped.